New stacking press for Wood Wool Plant in Oosterhout, Netherlands
In August 2012 the new stacking press in Oosterhout commenced operation. The pressline is responsible for an important part of the production consisting of the forming of the stacks with filled moulds. The pressline for the production of wood wool boards in Oosterhout was installed in the early 1980’s and to ensure production efficiency it required complete renovation.
Following the comprehensive research the new stacking press line incorporated all the required improvements:
- Fully welded construction without bolted connections.
- Improved hydraulic system with proportional valves
- Chain transport to place the mould into position and discharge the
- Easy access to the machine, high level of maintainability
- Improved stiffness and reinforcement at heavy loaded places
- Cycle time: 6 sec. in continuous operation
- Improved level of workers saftey
The new stacking press was premounted and designed for a modular installation which ensured a smooth startup. Following the new investment Heraklith boards have already been successfully produced in Oosterhout in several designs